Chaparral Cars on Display
· Chaparral 2 – first race car designed by Jim Hall which won 22 of its 39 races.
· Chaparral 2D – built for endurance races such as 24 Hours of LeMans, Daytona, and Sebring. The Nurburgring 1000Km was the first Chaparral victory in major international racing, against factory Ford, Ferrari and Porsche Teams!
· Chaparral 2E – first Chaparral race car built to carry the high movable wing
· Chaparral 2F – Phil Hill/Mike Spence won the International Championship BOAC 500 with 2F against factory teams of Ford, Ferrari and Porsche!
· Chaparral 2H – advanced, integrated, composite design
· Chaparral 2J – first ever ground effects car, nick-named “sucker car”
· Chaparral 2K – “ground effects” design, won 1980 Indy 500 with Johnny Rutherford
To play a short video clip (5mb) of a new Chaparral racing DVD, click here. To purchase this DVD and see the other Chaparral items available, go to the Museum Store
The science of aerodynamics was never completely appreciated by automobile designers--until James Ellis Hall revolutionized the sport in his Chaparral Racing Cars. Jim Hall is revered by the world's racing community as the innovator who introduced the movable wing in 1965. His aerodynamic Wing, ground effects, and light weight construction materials have transformed auto racing, as well as passenger car safety and fuel efficiency in the 20th Century
NEW Chaparral Pit Crew Fan Club
interested in supporting the legendary Chaparral racecars? Join the Chaparral Fan Club! 100% of your membership will go directly to the Chaparral Maintenance Fund. Membership includes Chaparral Merchandise upon signup, bi-annual newsletter and an annual “members only” Chaparral Fan Club BBQ!
PIT CREW FAN CLUB APPLICATION